Zaman

Leaving Football Clash

I am afraid that I am indeed leaving the game permanently. The simple reason why is that I am bored of playing.

You may have noticed that I resorted to playing bots exclusively and usually beating them 1-0 for the past few weeks by using the WiFi glitch. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that my heart isn't into it with such dodgy gameplay.

I have had a very wonderful time playing this game. From being the President of Goal Nation to being a VP in both Solidarity and Roman Empire, I have been very fortunate to be so widely trusted in the game.

I don't think there are very many players who could have transitioned from Solidarity to RE the way I have. I owe that to the wonderful people in charge of both leagues. @Pepsi, @Rik, @Gorse H, @CFC Denham - all such wonderful guys.

To Solidarity's credit, they have been very respectful despite me leaving, which shows what a great league they are on the whole.

My journey only really started when I was in Gorse's United Nations and then the often disputed @Bare's Goal Nation where I became its permanent President.

When I took over from Bare, I always tried to keep the peace and make sure the league I am in is very respectful to others.

I was able to do so with Goal Nation very successfully and also with RE with a focus on respect and integrity - that we never resort to name-calling.

To be fair, RE was definitely the most tranquil of all leagues well before I joined with little to no abuse towards any other players. But with the likes of Morrison and Hamez making way, credit has to be given to Pepsi and Gorse.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I have been very privileged to be so widely accepted by everyone here and am very thankful.

Even from a playing sense, I have held the current record for most consecutive top 50 along with @Tahmid going back to Goal Nation.

Speaking of Tahmid, I have been very fortunate to have met such a lovely guy like him in this game. He is my best friend in this game by a country mile and we have managed to keep that friendship alive ever since I left Solidarity.

I am happy to say that I was right to close GN as everyone is now doing much better elsewhere. It had its time with Bare and I among others as the top league anyway.

I would like to take this opportunity to explain how I feel about the community and some of it's most notable and cherished members.

I am in no league essentially, so let's not beat around the bush. I'm just going to say it as it is.

For me, there are two players who are genuinely the best people (who are at least renown VP's of top leagues) in the game to be around.

The best of the bunch is Pepsi. If you really get to know him, I think you'll find he is the best of all players. Fairly passionate on the forum but not aggressive when it comes to recognising the importance of the other leagues. A smooth operator with a friendly personality.

The other person is @Lemmy. He is a bit of a nuisance on the forum but if you get to know him, you will realise that he will treat you like family. This guy has a big heart, and I'm not just talking about the steroids.

But seriously, he will accept you like his own and is willing to talk to anyone about anything. Very positive influence to have around you for the most part.

As for the community, I feel that it will get surprisingly stronger with many of the top players recognising how toxic the game was before and will seek to avoid it.

Rik and @Darkstar72 are good guys who I sense are solely there to play. Pepsi likes to joke about but I don't think he actually wants another series of Cola Wars.

And Gorse is a top guy with a lot of experience on the forum and in the game with over 100K trophies.

So my reason for leaving is to do with boredom. Nothing about the community whatsoever.

I may actually still be around the forum if there are any good conversations taking place.

I wish you all the best of luck in your future endeavours.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

I love having someone in my league who just cares about his trash record and does not care about the league as a whole. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Zaman said:

I am afraid that I am indeed leaving the game permanently. The simple reason why is that I am bored of playing.

You may have noticed that I resorted to playing bots exclusively and usually beating them 1-0 for the past few weeks by using the WiFi glitch. Doesn't take a rocket scientist to realise that my heart isn't into it with such dodgy gameplay.

I have had a very wonderful time playing this game. From being the President of Goal Nation to being a VP in both Solidarity and Roman Empire, I have been very fortunate to be so widely trusted in the game.

I don't think there are very many players who could have transitioned from Solidarity to RE the way I have. I owe that to the wonderful people in charge of both leagues. @Pepsi, @Rik, @Gorse H, @CFC Denham - all such wonderful guys.

To Solidarity's credit, they have been very respectful despite me leaving, which shows what a great league they are on the whole.

My journey only really started when I was in Gorse's United Nations and then the often disputed @Bare's Goal Nation where I became its permanent President.

When I took over from Bare, I always tried to keep the peace and make sure the league I am in is very respectful to others.

I was able to do so with Goal Nation very successfully and also with RE with a focus on respect and integrity - that we never resort to name-calling.

To be fair, RE was definitely the most tranquil of all leagues well before I joined with little to no abuse towards any other players. But with the likes of Morrison and Hamez making way, credit has to be given to Pepsi and Gorse.

So I guess what I am trying to say is that I have been very privileged to be so widely accepted by everyone here and am very thankful.

Even from a playing sense, I have held the current record for most consecutive top 50 along with @Tahmid going back to Goal Nation.

Speaking of Tahmid, I have been very fortunate to have met such a lovely guy like him in this game. He is my best friend in this game by a country mile and we have managed to keep that friendship alive ever since I left Solidarity.

I am happy to say that I was right to close GN as everyone is now doing much better elsewhere. It had its time with Bare and I among others as the top league anyway.

I would like to take this opportunity to explain how I feel about the community and some of it's most notable and cherished members.

I am in no league essentially, so let's not beat around the bush. I'm just going to say it as it is.

For me, there are two players who are genuinely the best people (who are at least renown VP's of top leagues) in the game to be around.

The best of the bunch is Pepsi. If you really get to know him, I think you'll find he is the best of all players. Fairly passionate on the forum but not aggressive when it comes to recognising the importance of the other leagues. A smooth operator with a friendly personality.

The other person is @Lemmy. He is a bit of a nuisance on the forum but if you get to know him, you will realise that he will treat you like family. This guy has a big heart, and I'm not just talking about the steroids.

But seriously, he will accept you like his own and is willing to talk to anyone about anything. Very positive influence to have around you for the most part.

As for the community, I feel that it will get surprisingly stronger with many of the top players recognising how toxic the game was before and will seek to avoid it.

Rik and @Darkstar72 are good guys who I sense are solely there to play. Pepsi likes to joke about but I don't think he actually wants another series of Cola Wars.

And Gorse is a top guy with a lot of experience on the forum and in the game with over 100K trophies.

So my reason for leaving is to do with boredom. Nothing about the community whatsoever.

I may actually still be around the forum if there are any good conversations taking place.

Sad day 

😔 

have nice time Z brother!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

All the very best for the future Zaman. Sad to see you go mate. 

Enjoyed the games with you!

Edited by Darkstar72
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Zaman said:

Good luck and wish you all the best too. Helped me develop into a better player and a better person much appreciated and see you around

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow what an essay... Will save reading it for when i can't sleep 🙄 great timing thou 👌

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Zaman said:

I’m getting Deja Vu from the last post you made like this when Goal Nation closed but you will be missed!

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, John Holywell said:

Although to have a big long egotistical 25 paragraph essay all on yourself is a bit too much don’t you think? 

You just wanted a mention, didn't you? 😂

FWIW, you are pretty funny, albeit a bit of an irritant at times.

Enjoy the Christmas memes!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, John Holywell said:

Although to have a big long egotistical 25 paragraph essay all on yourself is a bit too much don’t you think? 

He leave game Jon!

And he shere whit as his experience tru game I don’t see that boring....

I like to see what you have to say when leave game...

that be good story to read...

🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

He leave game Jon!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

When I leave I’ll just delete the app. Simple. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

He leave game Jon!

🤣🤣🤣🤣

Mine would be very long since I’ve visited about 15 different leagues! 😂😂😂

My first league I forgot the name of, the Best, All stars United, European Union, United Nations, Goal Nation, Italian Revenge, The Fifty, Roman Empire, Barbarians, Solidarity,Cheeki Breeki, The Outlaws, Infection! 

Edited by John Holywell

2 minutes ago, John Holywell said:

Mine would be very long since I’ve been in about 15 different leagues! 😂😂😂

My first league I forgot the name of, All stars United, European Union, United Nations, Goal Nation, Italian Revenge, The Fifty, Roman Empire, Barbarians, Solidarity,Cheeki Breeki, The Outlaws, Infection! 

The loyalty is unreal. You are the Zlatan Ibrahimovic of this game😂😂

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Arnav Bhatt said:

The loyalty is unreal. You are the Zlatan Ibrahimovic of this game😂😂

Most were just to visit people in those certain leagues. My real homes were Italian Revenge and European Union. But they’re both dead leagues now.  And Solidarity and Roman Empire just doesn’t feel the same with all the new people around! 

Edited by John Holywell

We havn‘t met eachother but I wish you the best for the future! 

Anyways sad to hear a legend retired.

lg Dave

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Holywell said:

Most were just to visit people in those certain leagues. My real homes were Italian and European Union. But they’re both dead leagues now. 

Depends on what you think “dead” means. 

For example, Zaman said that Goal Nation wasn’t dead. If that is what you think dead means, then even the worst league on the game isn’t dead. 

Edited by Arnav Bhatt
  • Haha 1

Just now, Arnav Bhatt said:

Depends on what you think “dead” means. 

For example, Zaman said that Goal Nation wasn’t dead. If that is how you think dead means, then even the worst league on the game isn’t dead. 

European Union, The Fifty and Goal nation are all literally “dead leagues” 

12 minutes ago, John Holywell said:

Mine would be very long since I’ve visited about 15 different leagues! 😂😂😂

My first league I forgot the name of, the Best, All stars United, European Union, United Nations, Goal Nation, Italian Revenge, The Fifty, Roman Empire, Barbarians, Solidarity,Cheeki Breeki, The Outlaws, Infection! 

Oh also one more “The winners” where Kara sent me an invite and then locked me out of Solidarity....

So that’s 15 now

Edited by John Holywell
  • Haha 1

True but is Italian Revenge dead? I am not salty that you said they were dead. I just want to know what you mean by “dead”

3 minutes ago, Arnav Bhatt said:

True but is Italian Revenge dead? I am not salty that you said they were dead. I just want to know what you mean by “dead”

I mean there are literally no people from the original Italian Revenge which I joined in July 2018.... apart from Fuera De Juego who is currently president it is all completely new. 

Edited by John Holywell

That doesn’t mean dead.  It just means that they are new. Atleast we aren’t keeping so many inactive players for the trophies like some other leagues.