This topic is probably the priority fix for the next update if this game was to go further and get bigger. "Manager Cards", in other words, How to ruin a game.  From my conversations with many of the high ranking players, I have identified the core issues and multiple perspectives and in this post I would like to give a break down to why the system CANNOT go any further.

Let's start of by looking at the reason Manager Cards were added, Well, we know that any game studio would like to add a "Pull Factor" towards packs to increase revenue, and I respect that, because after all, the work put into this game and the fact it's free makes a good reason to add Micro Transactions to earn money. Why am i pointing towards packs you may ask, Packs are the main place you can get Boosts and you get better packs. And I know many might argue that the boosts are also in free packs and can be easily earned, and here is where the second issue arises.

Let's say these weren't added to increase revenue, because let's be honest, the pricing in the store is ridiculous for coins, I wouldn't mind actually supporting the developers if they made the prices more reasonable, because the price of the Biggest Purchasable Pack can buy you 2 AAA Games. Let's also assume that these Boosts are easy to get because they can ALSO be attained in free packs and silver packs and goal packs. Well there is another issue...they are OVERUSED and OVERPOWERED, 2 words that should NEVER be in the same sentence in a video game, Because let me remind you of the Parent developer to this Game. "Soccer Manager" : Tactical, managerial games with huge focus on skill, a developer that has created 2 other games in "Soccer Manager 2019" and the long running "Soccer Manger Worlds" both of which are skill based games. If we follow up on this footprint, it makes absolutely NO SENSE to add cards that gives someone an unfair, skill-less, cheap advantage, Many top players lose game unfairly because to opponent had certain boosts which won the game, they didnt have skill, they had boosted stats, Unrealistic.

This system is what Gamers call. Pay To Win, even if we don't pay for it, the fact a packable card, with a random drop rate, with a random stat, from a pack that is attained at random can be used to change the balance of the game? Nah, No one really appreciated that. And to make matters worse, they let you use, THREE OF THEM, 3, stackable, boosts, that is insane, it has ruined this game for what it is, it has killed any need for skill, as a player can simply use a +40% all attributes.

Moving to my next point. Even if these were to remain, and were supposed to reward players who open more packs...atleast make the boosts logical, PLUS 40 ALL ATTRIBUTES? PLUS 30 PACE? PLUS 30 TACKLING? and worst even if the fact you can stack those and end up with plus 70 PACE AND 70 TACKLING, ABSOLUTE NONSENSE. If these were to stay, nerf them, Plus 10 at most, even then it gives an unfair advantage. Another nerf is to decrease their uses into ONLY ONCE for all, Make it harder to get all Player boosts and allow only one boost at a time.

Let me remind you all of the time we had The point system, I hope they return that, because then, you were assigned points, everyone was assigned points. The same. fixed. fair. amount of points to increase certain stats permanently, that was a fair system that i would hope returns, because that gives the player a thing to think about, to increase you strength and pace to defend or shooting and dribbling to be more attacking, that is the way i want things to be, i would like to believe other players think the same too.

Please, I plead for all of US players, dedicated fans, and loyal supporters, Please Remove Manager Cards, if this boost system was to remain either HARD nerf it or return the old more favourable system.  

• Like 9

Well said! Manager cards have made the game unplayable and extremely laggy. Obviously I still use them as I don’t want to be at a disadvantage by not using them but I still think it would be better if they were removed from the game! 

• Like 2

Manager cards have been posted numerous times on forum. But like always our concerns are never addressed.

theis is no skill what so ever in the cards.  And it gives a completely unfair advantage. U can’t really say u out classed ur opponent when using the all attribute card and a pace card at the same time.

• Like 3

I say when they come 1st time 

that CARDS gonna kill game 😞 

4 hours ago, KemoCono said:

Let me remind you all of the time we had The point system, I hope they return that, because then, you were assigned points, everyone was assigned points. The same. fixed. fair. amount of points to increase certain stats permanently, that was a fair system that i would hope returns, because that gives the player a thing to think about, to increase you strength and pace to defend or shooting and dribbling to be more attacking, that is the way i want things to be, i would like to believe other players think the same too.

I agree totally whit you . Old system was lot better then cards 😔 

what we can do ?

i really unfortunate doesn’t have answer 🤷‍♂️

I personally use max one boost card really 

and I play really lot whit out of cards

( I simply don’t put them in slots, so I have 15/15 cards opening my packs and I get only cash 💴 😔

I notice that game is lot less laggy when I play whit out cards and sometimes I come on someone whit good cards and I lose,

but sometimes I get other players who don’t have cards and game works normally like old time...

couple of top players get me in arena whit out cards and that was really good games boys 👊🏻

Maybe if we all have simply  gentleman 🤝agreement and don’t use cards, who know🤔... ( no way it’s gonna happens 🤣

I honestly think they never gonna switch old way back 😢 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Lemmy said:

I say when they come 1st time 

that CARDS gonna kill game 😞 

I agree totally whit you . Old system was lot better then cards 😔 

what we can do ?

i really unfortunate doesn’t have answer 🤷‍♂️

I personally use max one boost card really 

and I play really lot whit out of cards

( I simply don’t put them in slots, so I have 15/15 cards opening my packs and I get only cash 💴 😔

I notice that game is lot less laggy when I play whit out cards and sometimes I come on someone whit good cards and I lose,

but sometimes I get other players who don’t have cards and game works normally like old time...

couple of top players get me in arena whit out cards and that was really good games boys 👊🏻

Maybe if we all have simply  gentleman 🤝agreement and don’t use cards, who know🤔... ( no way it’s gonna happens 🤣

I honestly think they never gonna switch old way back 😢 

Their will be no change lemmy. Game is gash now. Same tournaments for a month now

lp packs is a waste of time. New players were utterly rubbish. 

Less and less people playing the game. Manager cards are useless. Super bots are pointless.

the only excitement players get now is sending their 2nd,3rd,4th even 5th accounts of missions around the leagues

46 minutes ago, Jazz said:

Their will be no change lemmy. Game is gash now. Same tournaments for a month now

Less and less people playing the game. Manager cards are useless. Super bots are pointless.

the only excitement players get now is sending their 2nd,3rd,4th even 5th accounts of missions around the leagues

Wow don’t be so negative Jaz hahaha! 

You’re a massive hypocrite you use sboosts all the time against me and now you’re complaining about boosts 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

13 minutes ago, John Holywell said:

Wow don’t be so negative Jaz hahaha! 

You’re a massive hypocrite you use sboosts all the time against me and now you’re complaining about boosts 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Just checked our last game John.... I had a strength boost. And I remember u having 3 if I am not correct.

• Like 1

Just now, Jazz said:

Just checked our last game John.... I had a strength boost. And I remember u having 3 if I am not correct.

And I had my son asleep on me haha.

in all serious though snap made a good suggestion of leagues being smaller creating more competition.

10 minutes ago, Jazz said:

I can vouch for that he had three against me too .

• Like 1

But I’m not the one complaining about Manager cards am I! You two are out here complaining about manager cards and using them! 

And as for you Jaz! Your stength boost card meant you won every challenge while I had nothing! 

609CFB83-7872-473D-B5BE-9FAA4F25E6C5.png

Just now, Jazz said:

Do you notice John whenever you post it normally ends in a argument

John the home side shows nothing u tool. U had three lol.

1 hour ago, Jazz said:

You were very negative!!!!! Slagging off the game. Saying League Packs are pointless, the new players were rubbish, Manager cards and super bots are pointless and that the game is gash. And you’re calling me argumentative?

if you don’t like the game just quit! There’s just no need for negativity like that! If I was negative like that everyone would be slagging me off but when Jaz does it it’s fine! 

Edited by John Holywell

John, Please do not end up with the usual meaningless accusations. This is a good topic.

I personally love the cards. I avoid playing bots because I do not find it fun. So I happen to play against players of a much lower level, often the cards allow them to deal with me evenly, I really like this.

I would have only one suggestion .... The cards should be indirectly proportional to the manager level, eg. a lvl 6 has + 50% a lvl 12 ha + 10%

This would increase competition, and eliminate the gap

• Like 6

No John I stated what everyone had stated about the game for a long time. But you being special comes in for a argument. I ain’t to fussed if I would not be missed in the game.  Which you edited out.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Pepsi said:

John, Please do not end up with the usual meaningless accusations. This is a good topic.

I personally love the cards. I avoid playing bots because I do not find it fun. So I happen to play against players of a much lower level, often the cards allow them to deal with me evenly, I really like this.

I would have only one suggestion .... The cards should be indirectly proportional to the manager level, eg. a lvl 6 has + 50% a lvl 12 ha + 10%

See I 100% agree with this. Couldn’t have put it better my self. But the problem is there’s a lot of negativity surounding the game so Manager cards will likely be removed just like Replays were! 

• Thanks 1

The game was best and most active when i first started playing but id hardly say its dead now... We just need the game makers to care more about the game

Lp desperately needs a revamp just like seasons need revamping too.. Dunno what the solution would be but it been the same forever and only change has been 3 extra lp levels making it near impossible for most league's to complete. 

Great suggestion from Pepsi to make the manager cards have much better fairness

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, Pepsi said:

I am for removing cancer from game fratello 

I am not for alternative healing... 🤦🏻‍♂️😆🤣

16 minutes ago, Gorse H said:

The game was best and most active when i first started playing but id hardly say its dead now... We just need the game makers to care more about the game

Lp desperately needs a revamp just like seasons need revamping too.. Dunno what the solution would be but it been the same forever and only change has been 3 extra lp levels making it near impossible for most league's to complete. 

Great suggestion from Pepsi to make the manager cards have much better fairness

Some times is lot easier to come couple steps backwards and make game good active agien.... 🤷‍♂️

🤝

😉

• Like 1

Yes @Jazz

say me Snap thinking and that also is interesting for game really maybe that is the one of better solutions make all leagues 20/20 players and make LP 10/10 after all only from two leading leagues you have 5 strong teams...

that can bring interesting competition in game 

4 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Some times is lot easier to come couple steps backwards and make game good active agien.... 🤷‍♂️

🤝

I'm talking about 10 steps back 🙄🤣 but i just hope the future of game gets better and we see more dedication from the powers that be

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If they were making leagues smaller if say more 25 to 30 in each league 

3 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

I am for removing cancer from game fratello 

I am not for alternative healing... 🤦🏻‍♂️😆🤣

🤝

😉

Bro the really cancer in game is... Few players, the top players left because they played with too many bots, the newest left because impossible win against me or lemmy or etc.. . 

Maybe if the newest, with cards, can win against us, they don't left. Maybe if the top players can play against real players, they don't left. 

I don't know, but I hope. 

• Like 2

I don't know what change with small leagues. 

Do you think that the problem of the game is the challenge between Roman empire and solidarity? Know that in the other leagues nobody cares about the challenge for the first place. Making small leagues, only helps to thin the difference between our leagues . I personally could not ask 30 of my friends to leave .... I do not know about you. 

The problem of the game is the few players, the other problem is only an our problem

Edited by Pepsi
  • Like 2

I really don’t know !

but I like to see leagues whit 20 players in 

yes is hard to see who gonna be in league 😔 

lot of as are long time together in RE and in Sol 

some of as are really long time together and we was together in lot leagues that is true...

but how I say before of RE and Sol 

min this case we can have five strong leagues 

after all we can switch our place in leagues 

to have some good balance whit top players and to say regular players that mix in league of 20 players can bring good competitive competition back ! 

And main thing is that if you make 5 leagues of our two leagues I think it’s not be lot toxic between leagues becose we all know each other’s from leagues ... 

that is my thinking about leagues whit 20 players or how @Gorse H say 25 players!!!

• Like 2