Sign in to follow this  
Bare

Tournaments

Heres my take on it. When I was asking for these tournaments I wasen’t after constant tournaments like the way it is on the update. What would be better is to have seasonal calender tournaments for eg

• st davids day tournie

• st patricks day tournie

• easter tournie

• st georges day tournie

• summer tournie

• halloween tournie

• xmas tournie

This is the way to do it without a doubt. Alex I urge your developers to take a look at golf clash and see how they work there tournies you will learn alot from it. 

Now the way to work it is as follows : 

Make the tournaments 3 or 4 seperate buy ins. Larger buy ins make for more lucrative rewards. I think the tournaments need to be more prestigious even to the point where it becomes more prestigious than the lp. Keep lp as is and now everyone can look forward to these tournaments when they commence it keeps people playing knowing there a tournie around the corner. What I’m mostly getting at is you need to have these tournaments running with real time events going with the calendar its so much better than them just being there already in the game. I think you have got the tournament concept all wrong. Keep the tournies in line with whats happening in real life like those 7 I’ve mentioned above. Also theres more you could add to I’m sure with valentines day tournie’s mothers and father day’s etc even thanksgiving day tournie for our american friends. 

• Like 1

The implementation of new tournaments will not require game updates. The way they have been introduced means our team can create tournaments, with alterations on the entry requirements, rule sets and rewards, on the fly or planned well in advance. 

We are going to keep a selection of tournaments available at all times. These will have simple rules such as:

•  Unlock at Arena 5 
  • Can only use players from Arena 5 and below

Aside from those you have mentioned there is also the very relevant Football calendar I believe will be utilised, with this year being a World Cup year, we have the ability to restrict entry to the squad being limited to a single nationality, or at least 5 of the 7. 

I don't have access to the current plans, but I am lead to believe this, like you suggest, is the best way forward.

2 minutes ago, SM Support(Alex) said:

The implementation of new tournaments will not require game updates. The way they have been introduced means our team can create tournaments, with alterations on the entry requirements, rule sets and rewards, on the fly or planned well in advance. 

We are going to keep a selection of tournaments available at all times. These will have simple rules such as:

•  Unlock at Arena 5 
  • Can only use players from Arena 5 and below

Aside from those you have mentioned there is also the very relevant Football calendar I believe will be utilised, with this year being a World Cup year, we have the ability to restrict entry to the squad being limited to a single nationality, or at least 5 of the 7. 

I don't have access to the current plans, but I am lead to believe this, like you suggest, is the best way forward.

Thanks for the reply, it is as you say without a shadow of a doubt the best way to do it and yes like you say coinciding with real time football season events also is an idea. 

37 minutes ago, Bare said:

Heres my take on it. When I was asking for these tournaments I wasen’t after constant tournaments like the way it is on the update. What would be better is to have seasonal calender tournaments for eg

• st davids day tournie

• st patricks day tournie

• easter tournie

• st georges day tournie

• summer tournie

• halloween tournie

• xmas tournie

This is the way to do it without a doubt. Alex I urge your developers to take a look at golf clash and see how they work there tournies you will learn alot from it. 

Now the way to work it is as follows : 

Make the tournaments 3 or 4 seperate buy ins. Larger buy ins make for more lucrative rewards. I think the tournaments need to be more prestigious even to the point where it becomes more prestigious than the lp. Keep lp as is and now everyone can look forward to these tournaments when they commence it keeps people playing knowing there a tournie around the corner. What I’m mostly getting at is you need to have these tournaments running with real time events going with the calendar its so much better than them just being there already in the game. I think you have got the tournament concept all wrong. Keep the tournies in line with whats happening in real life like those 7 I’ve mentioned above. Also theres more you could add to I’m sure with valentines day tournie’s mothers and father day’s etc even thanksgiving day tournie for our american friends. 

I reckon the way they are doing it is perfect but I think there should be a set limit of times you can enter per week or so

Edited by HkaneLEGEND

I would like to see tournaments all year round and then special ones added at a specific time something special is happening like mentioned

5 minutes ago, HkaneLEGEND said:

I reckon the way they are doing it is perfect but I think there should be a set limit of times you can enter per week or so

An entry cost will be put on future tournaments. This first week is free while we ensure the stability of the feature and make final tweaks with feedback such as trophy rewards. 

This varied entry cost and access restrictions will limit the number of tournaments each user plays as we believe they will return to the ladder matches to top up on Pack unlocks and cash.

• Like 1

Theres endless possibilties if you coincide with the real time calendar days for sure.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bare said:

Theres endless possibilties if you coincide with the real time calendar days for sure.

can't they have these tournaments they are giving us then release ones that coincide with real time events.. Hopefully that'll be a possibility 

No no trophy rewards that’s like chelsea winning the fa cup (not gunna happen) and getting points in the premier league it’s not fair

23 minutes ago, Gorse H said:

can't they have these tournaments they are giving us then release ones that coincide with real time events.. Hopefully that'll be a possibility 

Alex stated above they have the capacity to alter tournaments. So there will only ever really be one tournie say for talking sake we go with the world cup as first tournie, all that will need to be done there on after is take the tournie down after its complete, rename ( for talking sake winter tournie ) and alter entry criteria and stick it back up to coincide with winter. Pretty straight forward. They’ve implemented the tournament template just a case of renaming and coinciding with real time events as I stated above

Lp definitely needs changing. That's a must as worth nothing at minute. I like the tournament as it stands and hope more will be released in the near future

2 minutes ago, Gorse H said:

Lp definitely needs changing. That's a must as worth nothing at minute. I like the tournament as it stands and hope more will be released in the near future

Gotta take it one step at a time gorse. You and others know how long we been waiting for these tournies but it must be done correctly in order for maximum gamer experience. No use having a half arsed atttept at it whilst trying to better other things at the same time. I’m sure in time everything will come along nicely.

1 hour ago, Esteghlal Tehran said:

One thing that irritates me is that I have to change my team every time I play tourney or ladder games. Maybe add a feature to have 2-3 different teams set that you can cycle through. @SM Support(Alex)

Completely agree

• Like 2