Benighted

Link Device not working

Has anyone had any luck with linking to another device? I've just received a new phone, when I click Link Device on my old one it gives me two options -

Link to an Android Device - Nothing happens when I click this

I want to link to another device - I get a code displayed, I put this code in on my new phone and the app restarts but nothing changes, I'm still stuck with the new game without my cards, xp etc

Sorry I didn't follow the proper format, let me try again -

Issue Summary: Unable to link new device

Issue Details:

I've just received a new phone, when I click Link Device on my old one it gives me two options -

Link to an Android Device - Nothing happens when I click this

I want to link to another device - I get a code displayed, I put this code in on my new phone and the app restarts but nothing changes, I'm still stuck with the new game without my cards, xp etc

New Device details;

BRAND            : Samsung

MODEL            : S7

OS                    : Android

VERSION        : 6.1

Old Device details;

BRAND            : HTC

MODEL            : M8

OS                    : Android

VERSION        : 6.0

• Like 1

We are aware of the issue you have reported, but as the majority of Android users will have a Google Play account connected to log in, the use of this account will automatically carry the linked account across devices. 

Was your Google Play account "Connected" on your original device?

And are you using the same Google Play account on the new device? 

Thanks Alex, this is Android to Android. I've cleared cache, uninstalled and reinstalled and it takes me to the tutorial straight away every time, when I open the game it pops up with my Google Play login so it's definitely logging in with the same account. Do you know when the next update is due?

On 1/6/2017 at 8:45 PM, Benighted said:

Yes I have it connected on both devices with the same account 

Ah, i appear to have misunderstood this. I thought this meant you had success with getting your old account on your new phone. Sorry. 

We are expecting an update to be released early next week. While we are expecting the link device tool to be functional, we are awaiting confirmation from internal testing that the issues have been successfully resolved. 

• Like 1

Link Device option should now be working in the latest update.

On the old device select the option "I want to link another device" whether it is Android or not.

On the new device enter the generated code. once the loading screen has been shown and completed you will continue to see the previous account on it. Please close the device and go to Settings > Applications > Soccer Manager Arena > Clear Data.

When you next load the app you will find your account from your original device is on the new device.

We will continue to work on the need to clear data before this is successful.