Sign in to follow this  
Route1 Andy

Reddit page

This game is crying out for a subreddit. I for one when downloading a mobile game will always look for a Reddit community. It's a lot easier than this forum and will help attract more players to this game. I love it so far, but we really do need a Reddit page imo. Everyone is reluctant to sign up on a forum like this from my experience.

This forum is full of the same salty drivel between the same users too I find lmao, just from an outsider looking in.

I love the passion for the game though, and love the game in general so far. Just my 2 cents

- Andy.

Edited by Route1 Andy

Would greatly improve your numbers, I can help you get started if you need to. Just look at the other games like Clash Royale, Brawlstars,Paladins Strike etc. They all use one and it helps engage a entirely new community of users as well as your current ones. I can guarantee you that I'm not the only one who downloaded this game and looked for a Reddit page. Because I can see 7-8 users browsing the current Reddit page someone has created already. Won't link it here but message me and I'll share - I've told @Gorse H

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Route1 Andy said:

Would greatly improve your numbers, I can help you get started if you need to. Just look at the other games like Clash Royale, Brawlstars,Paladins Strike etc. They all use one and it helps engage a entirely new community of users as well as your current ones. I can guarantee you that I'm not the only one who downloaded this game and looked for a Reddit page. Because I can see 7-8 users browsing the current Reddit page someone has created already. Won't link it here but message me and I'll share - I've told @Gorse H

The thing is, Andy, that whilst there are a lot of players in the game, there aren't that many on the forum, so I can't see this game getting a bigger community as a result of moving over to Reddit.

At the risk of sounding like a granddad, Andy, what is exactly is it? And how would it help us all?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Stoller said:

At the risk of sounding like a granddad, Andy, what is exactly is it? And how would it help us all?

What is Reddit?? I'm older! ?

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Route1 Andy said:

This game is crying out for a subreddit. I for one when downloading a mobile game will always look for a Reddit community. It's a lot easier than this forum and will help attract more players to this game. I love it so far, but we really do need a Reddit page imo. Everyone is reluctant to sign up on a forum like this from my experience.

This forum is full of the same salty drivel between the same users too I find lmao, just from an outsider looking in.

I love the passion for the game though, and love the game in general so far. Just my 2 cents

- Andy.

I did search for one. I use reddit for alot of things and like to see this game on there too. Don’t think it will get big numbers very fast bcs it needs a certain community that is really into reddit to post stuff.

7 minutes ago, Logic said:

I did search for one. I use reddit for alot of things and like to see this game on there too. Don’t think it will get big numbers very fast bcs it needs a certain community that is really into reddit to post stuff.

Yeah, we are mainly all Presidents and top players here.

The forum doesn't have too many other players. 

The forum could have a lot of lurkers who just read and don't get involved maybe..

1 minute ago, Gorse H said:

The forum could have a lot of lurkers who just read and don't get involved maybe..

True, but a community can't thrive if people aren't people are posting, commenting and reacting.

• Like 1

True and I don't know the pros and cons of each.. Do you use Reddit? 

When I type Reddit this alien symbol appears ? ?

4 minutes ago, Gorse H said:

That is it the orange one.

50 minutes ago, Gorse H said:

No, I loathe Reddit as it seems too intrinsically niche.

17 minutes ago, Zaman said:

No, I loathe Reddit as it seems too intrinsically niche.

So you think bad idea compared to a forum

53 minutes ago, Gorse H said:

So you think bad idea compared to a forum

Well, I'm not too sure things like bugs and glitches would actually get that much attention on Reddit, so I am opposed to it. 

2 minutes ago, Zaman said:

Well, I'm not too sure things like bugs and glitches would actually get that much attention on Reddit, so I am opposed to it. 

They.don't get attention on here either ??

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gorse H said:

They.don't get attention on here either ??

True, but it will get even less attention over there.

Reddit is not the same as a forum at all. This game is too small for a reddit page in my opinion. Games like Clash Royale, Clash of Clans or any other game aren’t compareable to this game.

This game still has a small audience and reddit would not be effective for that. Reddit is 100 times better than this forum, but it needs an audience to bring attention to stuff. 

You guys keep saying that presidents are mostly on here. Well let the presidents tell their members to make a forum profile. No need to force them, but if no one is willing to take a step nothing will happen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Logic said:

Reddit is not the same as a forum at all. This game is too small for a reddit page in my opinion. Games like Clash Royale, Clash of Clans or any other game aren’t compareable to this game.

This game still has a small audience and reddit would not be effective for that. Reddit is 100 times better than this forum, but it needs an audience to bring attention to stuff. 

You guys keep saying that presidents are mostly on here. Well let the presidents tell their members to make a forum profile. No need to force them, but if no one is willing to take a step nothing will happen.

I agree with you on this game being less successful on Reddit than the bigger games, but many people simply don't like to talk a lot on the forum.

Some may like to discuss things in the league chat, but not on here. Most players don't even like talking at all. And my league is very active most often finishing in 2nd place.

23 minutes ago, Logic said:

You seem to speak with logic. Well said

• Thanks 1

Well as much as I agree that it won't necessarily bring more users straight away, it opens up the opportunity and like some of you have said. People are less inclined to post on a forum like this that on reddit. I for one find it a lot easier to post on reddit than on a forum like this. Also it's a lot more mobile friendly, and this is a mobile game. I know it's accessible from a mobile, but there is literally a reddit app so...

That being said, I know a lot of people here don't know how to use Reddit but it would still greatly help even if we created a page there and still had this forum here for a while. If we open up a few discussions we're likely to get some kind of response no matter how small it is.

The bug reports can either be reported on the forum or on reddit. On Reddit it's not even a bug report when someone posts it, its more of a "Oh look, anyone else having this issue?"

Any chance we can try it out on Reddit? Not move this community, but just open it up to reddit and create a discussion or two there?

Sorry to double post, wouldn't let me edit;

For those wanting to know what Reddit actually is, in simple terms it's like a huge huge discussion website in a more modern form and has a crazy amount of people on it. It's also a news aggregator . There are some great "subreddit" (pages on Reddit) for all sorts of things. There is one for football teams, like for me... as an Arsenal fan there is a "Gunners" one which has just over 91,000 users subscribed to it. Also as I mentioned there is a mobile app that's  very easy to use.

Still don’t think the game/target audience is ready for this step.

16 minutes ago, Logic said:

Still don’t think the game/target audience is ready for this step.

It doesn't have to be ready - there isn't a good time to do it it's just good to have. Like I said it's not a case of everyone post on Reddit and not on here, it is just there to use too. There is no step, it's more just an additional thing that is there to use as well as what we're currently using. Just opens the door if that makes sense?

1 hour ago, Route1 Andy said:

It doesn't have to be ready - there isn't a good time to do it it's just good to have. Like I said it's not a case of everyone post on Reddit and not on here, it is just there to use too. There is no step, it's more just an additional thing that is there to use as well as what we're currently using. Just opens the door if that makes sense?

No one likes a subreddit with 10 people in it which 8 of them are inactive. Its just the hard truth