Sign in to follow this  
Damo

Inconsistency In Tackling Algorithm

Evening All. 

Has anyone noticed the inconsistency in the tackling algorithm when it comes to the ball spilling loose. 

Sometimes the player who wins the battle gets the ball and can dribble away from the tackle, whilst other times the ball boobles loose. 

Does anyone know how this works? As I’ve noticed it seems to be inconsistent. 

I’d have thought it would work that if the tackler wins by more than a certain figure then they keep the ball at feet. But tighter duels would mean the ball spills loose. 

Anyone got any insight into this?

Welcome your thoughts/knowledge 

Damo

• Like 7

Great post @Damo

It seems completely random to me - but it seems to roughly balance out

Similar with slides - always used to keep possession when you slid someone but now the ball spills in the direction of the slide

To be fair, that bit is an improvement, means that you have to be more skilful with your slides unlike the old version

I'm sure others will have more succinct answers than me though!

• Like 1

@Sean (SM Support)

This seems to be getting even random now. Players with the same dribbling and tackling in a battle. But no consistency how the strength feature is used. 

And also no consistency still in when the ball breaks free and when one player keeps it. 

Sean. Please explain. 

28 minutes ago, Damo said:

@Sean (SM Support)

This seems to be getting even random now. Players with the same dribbling and tackling in a battle. But no consistency how the strength feature is used. 

And also no consistency still in when the ball breaks free and when one player keeps it. 

Sean. Please explain. 

For a second, I thought @Stoller returned!

Then I saw that his post was back on June 27. 😭

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Damo said:

@Sean (SM Support)

Sean. Please explain. 

Not only the ball spilling, tackles occur when a player is miles away from the ball. 

Also, my lvl3 Ronaldo sometimes has 87 dribbling and sometimes has 79 dribbling whilst he is in a tackle. Both of them stats are without attributes. Is there any reason for that? 

1 hour ago, Monkey Kid™ said:

Not only the ball spilling, tackles occur when a player is miles away from the ball. 

Also, my lvl3 Ronaldo sometimes has 87 dribbling and sometimes has 79 dribbling whilst he is in a tackle. Both of them stats are without attributes. Is there any reason for that? 

Because challenges are solely based on Strength and not Tackling / dribbling. 

On 12/8/2018 at 5:09 AM, Monkey Kid™ said:

No because when Ronaldo is getting tackled he has a decent dribbling stat. Whereas when he is tackling it is around 40. 

It is 100 per cent with Strength because my Level 4 Kane and Level 1 Zidanes just tackled an Isco 😂

It’s because I had a plus 33% strength boost and a plus 33% tackling boost.

So even though Harry Kane’s tackling is only 56 - because he has 103 strength with the boost he is able to tackle Isco! 

Whereas due to Isco with plus 33% only having 72 strength and 74 dribbling at level 4 and his was only level 1 or 2  (I can’t remember) and didn’t have a boost my Harry Kane with a strength and tackle boost was able to tackle. Even though Isco is a Midfielder and Kane a striker. 

4050668C-9F0A-4407-A554-76DAF6D03C8C.png

084D9E55-6A88-4F19-B8DD-013D08046692.png

F2F1A215-D380-4EDB-B587-C7D0BC7000AB.png

Edited by John Holywell