Sign in to follow this  
Damo

The Future Of Football Clash

Evening All,

Firstly apologies for the long post, but been thinking about this for a while.

We all know there is an update due soon, which will hopefully give us some new features and hopefully end some of the lag issues. However, i am getting concerned that there is an expectation that an update is going to save this game that we love to play and bring it back to its former days alone. I don't agree. I want to know more details about the plans to improve the user-database of regular players, and therefore I have some questions/suggestions below. People won't agree with all, but unless something is done, this update isn't going to save the game.

Marketing

@Sean (SM Support) - Can you confirm what the marketing plan is post update? Is there an aggressive plan to re-target former players? Or are you going to go after new players? Is there a budget?

Is there a plan to get us to help you? A proper referral scheme. So for example, for every new player we recommend and get signed up who reaches a certain manager level or certain trophy level will get a reward. It doesn't have to be much, 100 coins or something, but the power of the word of mouth is unreal.

What about all those players who've played in the past and have accounts? Is there a plan to target them specifically. A notification to be sent to their phone with a new reward?  What about giving every player who hasn't logged in for a month, 100 XP of a player of their choice? Get them back playing. Surely if they have the app installed on their device (people generally don't delete apps), then you can get a notification sent to them to get them back, unless they've turned off this setting?

Social Media Strategy, Is there one, I haven't seen any adverts or promotion really? Twitter account, instagram, What's the plan?

Keeping Players

We all know some players come back, and then disappear quickly. Is there anyone to get a tagging feature added into chat, so that people can tag people to get them back online? A gentle remainder from presidents and vice presidents to come and play. Maybe limit it to presidents only, but a nudge could get people back playing. I think we all agree, the more people playing, the better is it for all. I would have thought it was be something like @Damo in chat and it would send a note to me.

Tournaments. You've got to keep these fresh, I think I've read a post from @Oranje suggesting you can't leave when entered, I wouldn't go that far, but make the entry fee non-refundable. However, the tournaments have to work properly if you do this. Tournaments need to change at least once a week. I'd suggest a new one the day after league pack finishes.

Loyalty Rewards. Is it worth changing this from login, to after scoring 20 goals per day. To stop people logging in and not playing, just requesting XP and claiming free packs?

Leaderboard Rewards. There should be a reward for getting your highest trophies, or highest finish, to encourage people to keep playing, with extra rewards for those who finish in the top3. Maybe even just use of a card for that week, that no one else can use. A legend card. All supports people playing those extra few games, that keeps them involved.

Recognition

Hall of fame. This is a must, there needs to be recognition for those that have invested in this game, and are crucial in keeping it going. Season trophies is already recorded, so it can't be too hard to create a leaderboard based on this.

New Cards

There has to be some, need to keep freshing things up on a regular basis, or even weekly tweaks on player stats based on current form. Anything to make people think there is something different and new each time they log in?

Loaning of cards. I've mentioned this above, but how about a fee you can pay to load a card for a set amount of games. So new players can get the best players at the start to encourage them to keep playing. 

I post this, because I care. I want the days back when the leaderboard was more competitive and it wasn't always the same names in the top10. I want different leagues at the top, it's all become a bit similar, and this is because more people are stopping than starting.

@Sean (SM Support)- Share with us, and let us help you get this game to a level which means more players playing, more revenue for you as a company, and a greater rated game in the stores. Allowing more strength to yourselves to get further investment.

• Like 12

Hall of Fame for the top 10 players of all time would be something worth looking into, @Sean (SM Support).

Even though I wouldn't be in it.

Edited by Zaman

All that is fine tbh 

i like that I can loan some of my cards to lower players...

lot as have good level cards and if I can give to someone to help them on 10 games that be perfect!

hall of fame we need !

and I don’t bealeve personally that new update gonna helps here...

they day update come on end of August ? and look where we are now...

lot players are stopped playing game and no many new guys in...

even I lose interest 

not active like before!

what is about cards ? 1st I want all collection!!!

i want LEGACY CARDS!!!

when new cards come in I have one new card!!!

And I don’t know how I get this card and I never get xp for him he stay on 25 xp !!!F6E5858C-3F7D-4098-A0E8-D3A0BBF4A564.thumb.jpeg.6061e6a8b07dd743985856de1ccb5234.jpeg

17 hours ago, Damo said:

Evening All,

Firstly apologies for the long post, but been thinking about this for a while.

We all know there is an update due soon, which will hopefully give us some new features and hopefully end some of the lag issues. However, i am getting concerned that there is an expectation that an update is going to save this game that we love to play and bring it back to its former days alone. I don't agree. I want to know more details about the plans to improve the user-database of regular players, and therefore I have some questions/suggestions below. People won't agree with all, but unless something is done, this update isn't going to save the game.

Marketing

@Sean (SM Support) - Can you confirm what the marketing plan is post update? Is there an aggressive plan to re-target former players? Or are you going to go after new players? Is there a budget?

Is there a plan to get us to help you? A proper referral scheme. So for example, for every new player we recommend and get signed up who reaches a certain manager level or certain trophy level will get a reward. It doesn't have to be much, 100 coins or something, but the power of the word of mouth is unreal.

What about all those players who've played in the past and have accounts? Is there a plan to target them specifically. A notification to be sent to their phone with a new reward?  What about giving every player who hasn't logged in for a month, 100 XP of a player of their choice? Get them back playing. Surely if they have the app installed on their device (people generally don't delete apps), then you can get a notification sent to them to get them back, unless they've turned off this setting?

Social Media Strategy, Is there one, I haven't seen any adverts or promotion really? Twitter account, instagram, What's the plan?

Keeping Players

We all know some players come back, and then disappear quickly. Is there anyone to get a tagging feature added into chat, so that people can tag people to get them back online? A gentle remainder from presidents and vice presidents to come and play. Maybe limit it to presidents only, but a nudge could get people back playing. I think we all agree, the more people playing, the better is it for all. I would have thought it was be something like @Damo in chat and it would send a note to me.

Tournaments. You've got to keep these fresh, I think I've read a post from @Oranje suggesting you can't leave when entered, I wouldn't go that far, but make the entry fee non-refundable. However, the tournaments have to work properly if you do this. Tournaments need to change at least once a week. I'd suggest a new one the day after league pack finishes.

Loyalty Rewards. Is it worth changing this from login, to after scoring 20 goals per day. To stop people logging in and not playing, just requesting XP and claiming free packs?

Leaderboard Rewards. There should be a reward for getting your highest trophies, or highest finish, to encourage people to keep playing, with extra rewards for those who finish in the top3. Maybe even just use of a card for that week, that no one else can use. A legend card. All supports people playing those extra few games, that keeps them involved.

Recognition

Hall of fame. This is a must, there needs to be recognition for those that have invested in this game, and are crucial in keeping it going. Season trophies is already recorded, so it can't be too hard to create a leaderboard based on this.

New Cards

There has to be some, need to keep freshing things up on a regular basis, or even weekly tweaks on player stats based on current form. Anything to make people think there is something different and new each time they log in?

Loaning of cards. I've mentioned this above, but how about a fee you can pay to load a card for a set amount of games. So new players can get the best players at the start to encourage them to keep playing. 

I post this, because I care. I want the days back when the leaderboard was more competitive and it wasn't always the same names in the top10. I want different leagues at the top, it's all become a bit similar, and this is because more people are stopping than starting.

@Sean (SM Support)- Share with us, and let us help you get this game to a level which means more players playing, more revenue for you as a company, and a greater rated game in the stores. Allowing more strength to yourselves to get further investment.

Heard you loud and clear mate. Some really interesting suggestions here, and i now have a very lengthy list to take to our devs. Once we've released this next update, still no date by the way ?, I'll get the guys together where I'll bring up all these suggestions, and then we can see which of them are doable and in what sort of timeframe...But yeah first things first, this update...Please, this update ? 

Nice one for the suggestion Damo, noted ?

• Like 7

Some kind of plan to get new players joining and old players rejoining is defo what should be top priority after this update

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean (SM Support) said:

Heard you loud and clear mate. Some really interesting suggestions here, and i now have a very lengthy list to take to our devs. Once we've released this next update, still no date by the way ?, I'll get the guys together where I'll bring up all these suggestions, and then we can see which of them are doable and in what sort of timeframe...But yeah first things first, this update...Please, this update ? 

No problem. Happy to help in any way. 

• Like 2

Top youtubers with millions of subscribers posting videos playing the game brought many new players. There are many other social media apps which you can target like instagram to bring new players.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Waste Man said:

Top youtubers with millions of subscribers posting videos playing the game brought many new players. There are many other social media apps which you can target like instagram to bring new players.

Yes the youtubers were a big thing when the game came out. It is the main reason of why I started playing. 

• Like 1

Very good post damo 

Main thing fix lag its awful.

I think league sizes should drop to 20 to create little clans. This would spread the active players out and make game more competative. 

Tournaments are good but sometimes you have to wait to long to get in them. Dropping the coin entrance fee will make more players take part. And they should change weekly.

Advertising! No one will play the game if no one knows it exists. Social media is the key to this if you cant advertise on tv.

Fitness . This has been a good add to the game. You now use your full deck of players. For the players that hate fitness you can introduce buying fitness for coins. Say 10 coins to fill energy this will create a need for coins so will bring in income.

Cash rewards for top 3 on leaderboard this will create a much more competative game. And give players reason to play.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Valerolegend said:

Very good post damo 

Main thing fix lag its awful.

I think league sizes should drop to 20 to create little clans. This would spread the active players out and make game more competative. 

Tournaments are good but sometimes you have to wait to long to get in them. Dropping the coin entrance fee will make more players take part. And they should change weekly.

Advertising! No one will play the game if no one knows it exists. Social media is the key to this if you cant advertise on tv.

Fitness . This has been a good add to the game. You now use your full deck of players. For the players that hate fitness you can introduce buying fitness for coins. Say 10 coins to fill energy this will create a need for coins so will bring in income.

Cash rewards for top 3 on leaderboard this will create a much more competative game. And give players reason to play.

They should add coins/ cash for top 3 leagues on the leaderboard. 

Edited by Arnav Bhatt
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Waste Man said:

442oons converted @Tahmid and I over.

Also, the F2 Freestylers have also done a few videos.

• Like 1

Great post @Damo. It’s about time to wake the developers up. 

Get rid of the lag. Add ‘League mail’= a notification of some post that Presidents in a league can send. Referral system was a great suggestion that the game is lacking right now. 

I still think we should get some system to get inactive presidents demoted after a certain time period to give other active players the chance to save the league they in. @Sean (SM Support)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Waste Man said:

Yes i started playing when The F2 and Twkkerz kid played

• Like 2

442oons also brought me to play the game though

I didn't get play enough I was able to experience the tap shooting. Agreed though that some features of the game should be dissected and/or added

Edited by Adam-James Malott
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Lemmy said:

Yeah 442oons 

bring me in before 8 months 

You are basically Hugo Lloris. ?

• Haha 1

On 9/20/2018 at 2:38 PM, Sean (SM Support) said:

Update first, of course. We are waiting since the end of august, then 10 september, then 17 september. I think after this update, and before thinking of doing something new, heard the people who play this game every day, and do some of this sugestions. Btw put new players on tournaments.

Regards.

Edited by Tiago Trafaria Soares
  • Like 3